Nickis Diapers

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Just some cuteness for today.  I talk all about cloth diapers, but I haven't shown them in action.  Here are a few photos to show how they look on a real baby.  :)

We were part of the Great Cloth Diaper Change this year!

Caleb, about one month old wearing his Chunky Monkey Best Bottom Diaper


Moolicious Best Bottom Diaper about 3 months old

Green Giraffe Best Bottom Diaper, about 3 months old

Caleb Helping
Now, the best thing about all these diapers, is he can still wear them all!  He's now 16 1/2 months old and we don't need to buy diapers.  I've said this to many people, the cost savings is amazing, especially with a child that has problems with commercial disposable diapers.  We purchased our whole stash for around $500.  Compare that to the disposable diapers he can tolerate which run $80 per month.

I also use cloth wipes, which aren't bad!  You can use a wipe solution, or just plain water.  I fold my wipes so they pop out of a wipe container, wet the stack, and when they are soiled, spray with the diaper sprayer and toss in the diaper pail.  This saves having a garbage pail of soiled wipes sitting in my son's room or bathroom.  I recently started making wipes out of an old flannel sheet that we don't use any more.  I cut 8x8 squares and do a zigzag stitch around the edges.  I have NO sewing experience and I can make them.  They are super soft from being washed so much over the years.

Now, my newest discovery is the thriving resale community of cloth diapers.  I was surprised at the high resale value of some of these diapers.  If well taken care of, people are getting up to 50% back!  Now, this is for diapers in very good condition with no stains, but taking the time to sun out any stains is worth it if you're reselling!


No comments:

Post a Comment